Book Trailer for Pilikia

Friday, June 10, 2005

Aloha. E komo mai!

Aloha, e komo mai. Welcome to my blog. I'm Mark Troy, a writer, educator, husband, father and grandfather. I live in Texas but write stories that take place in Hawaii where I lived for many years. By day, I do institutional research at Texas A&M University in College Station, home of the Fightin' Texas Aggies. By night, I write mystery stories, most of which feature Honolulu private eye Val Lyon. I also bike, run marathons, advise the A&M Skydiving Club, and root for the Aggies. I have a wife, Mary Fran, who graciously puts up with my foolish adventures and a cat who doesn't. I have two sons, Ted and Michael, both grown. Ted lives in the Dallas area with his wife, Laura, and their daughter, Morgan. Michael is a student at the University of North Texas in Denton studying hospitality management.

This blog will be a journal of my progress in learning the craft of writing. It will also serve as a resource depository for information that I gather as I research and develop my stories. Much of that research will be about Hawaii, it's culture, language and music. There are not many mystery writers using Hawaii as a setting, so when I come across them, I will comment on them here and maybe that will stimulate your interest in them. So, gentle reader, I hope you enjoy this blog and visit often. Let the blogging begin.

2 comments :

  1. Illiah said...

    Welcome to the blogging world!
    I added the link at the BW site, just under the website. Have fun!

  2. Anonymous said...

    Hey there! Welcome to the blogsphere!

    --Steve