Book Trailer for Pilikia

Monday, February 19, 2007

Sports Illustrated

The much-awaited (by me) Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue arrived Friday, chock full of eye candy. After the Superbowl, there's not much to look forward to in February except the Swimsuit Issue. This one has some great scenes on Maui and a chance to bid on Jimmy Buffet's guitar signed by 20 models. The guitar is listed on e-bay with a current bid of $33,100. I think I'll pass.

My favorite model this year is Bar Rafaeli. She's gorgeous, but so are they all.

My one gripe about Sports Illustrated is that they have gotten away from stories about women athletes in the Swimsuit Issue. For awhile they ran features on little-known women athletes and sports. My first published short story, Wahine O Ka Hoe, was inspired by an article in SI Swimsuit about the women's Molokai to Oahu canoe race. If any SI editors ever read this, I hope you will go back to those articles.

Don't give up the models, though.

0 comments :