Book Trailer for Pilikia

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

First day of the Obama Administration

Everybody agrees yesterday was an historic day. I was as excited as everyone else to see Mr. Obama inaugurated. By the end of his speech I was trying to think of things I could do to help. Difficult times bring out the best leaders and I think we now have the leader we need. I wish him all the best.

Mr.Obama is not only the first African-American president, he is also the first kama'aina (native-born Hawaiian) president. I posted some ideas about what that could mean on my other blog, Make Mine Mystery. I won't repeat them here, but I hope you will hop over to Make Mine Mystery to read them.

I can't say that I ever met Barak Obama when we lived in Honolulu. However, he worked at a Baskin-Robbins at King and Punahou Streets, which was only a few blocks from where we lived and right on the way to all of our shopping. He may have served us ice cream on those occasions that we visited the store.

Best wishes, Mr. President.

0 comments :