Book Trailer for Pilikia

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Team Troy

On Sunday, I ran the Dallas White Rock Half-Marathon with my son, Michael. It was his first race of any great distance. The weather was great--about 50 degrees and overcast the whole way. I've run the Rock before, but always the full marathon which goes around White Rock Lake. The half doesn't get out to the lake and takes a different route on the return. The last six miles follow the Katy Trail, a hike and bike path through Dallas. I have to say the Katy Trail is beautiful. Dallasites should be very proud of it. I hope they appreciate it and put it to a lot of use.

About the race. It was fun and well organized. Michael beat me by four minutes. His time was 2:27, very respectable for first race. I finished in 2:31. Here's Michael about mile 7.



And here's Team Troy at the finish.

2 comments :

  1. mybillcrider said...

    Lookin' good!

  2. Kevin R. Tipple said...

    Cool and congrats to Team Troy. Amazing what Aggies can do when pointed in the right direction. :)))

    Kevin
    UTD 93