Book Trailer for Pilikia

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Drop Dead Zone is now on Kindle

Drop Dead Zone was my first published story. It appeared in Mystery Buff Magazine in 1998. DDZ was in the second issue and Mystery Buff died with the third issue. I am sure that not many people read Mystery Buff, much less my contribution, so I am pleased to announce that it is now available on both Smashwords and Kindle.

The story came about when a group of us, family, friends and skydivers, were drinking beer after my first jump and Laura, the woman who later became my daughter-in-law, said that now I had to write a story about it. The title came quickly, a combination of drop zone, drop dead, and dead zone. It took a lot longer to write it. I didn't want to have sabotaged equipment or other things that seemed trite (although there are less than a handful of skydive murder mysteries so nearly everything is original) and I wanted the murder to occur in the air. Finally, it was a Superbowl Mountain Dew commercial that gave me the idea.

With a new cover by David Shackelford, I'm hoping DDZ in ebook will pick up a few more readers.
The publisher is Ilium Books.

0 comments :