Book Trailer for Pilikia

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Back on blogging

Wow, I can't believe my last post was Nov. 7, 2005. Five months ago! What's happened since then? I've run two marathons. I did the Dallas White Rock Marathon in early December, finishing in a time of 4:53. Then I did the St.Louis Marathon in early April in 4:59. Overall, I was pleased with both of those times. Weather was perfect for both runs. St. Louis was a little hillier (okay a lot hillier) than Dallas which made the difference in the times because I think I was better prepared for St. Louis than Dallas.

In writing, I have finished my revisions of The Law of the Splintered Paddle. When last I wrote, I had finished chapter 17 of the tenth revision. I completed the tenth revision, all thirty five chapters, and then did an eleventh revision. The book is now down to 399 pages from a first draft of 549 pages. It's quite an improved story, I believe.

Gina Pannettieri of Talcott Notch Agency has said she will look at it again, so as soon as Mary Fran finishes reading it, I'm going to send it to her.

My next two projects are, 1) return to the novel, Canoe, which I dropped for the revisions of Splintered Paddle, and 2) revise the short story, Ripper, about the surfer girl. I need to spend some time plotting Canoe, so I'll tackle that first.

I have to admit that I'm excited to have finished the revisions of Splintered Paddle. I'll have more on how Ms. Pannettieri receives it.

0 comments :