Book Trailer for Pilikia

Monday, September 15, 2008

New Blog Design

Well, two nights on the EOC phone bank and this is what happens. I start tinkering with the blog and end up with a totally new look to it. I hope this will be interesting to readers. It was a lot of fun to do. However, if I hadn't had two twelve hour shifts in the EOC, 8:00 pm to 8:00 am during Hurricane Ike, I probably wouldn't have done it.

Th first night I simply searched the web for templates. Then for pictures to include, and finally adding all the gadgets or widgets that you have to have on a blog. I'm kind of excited about the Hawaiian Word of the Day, Hawaiian Phrase of the Day, and Hawaiian Fact of the Day. If any of you are reading this, please drop me a line with your thoughts on the site.

2 comments :

  1. Helen Ginger said...

    I like the look Mark.

    I totally need to make mine look less Blogger. Did you lose stuff when you made the switch? The last time I updated, I lost all the side bar stuff.

    Anyway, I like the pictures at the top and all the widgets. Suggestion -- spell out the Hawaiian words phonetically. I wasn't sure how to pronounce the word of the day.

  2. Kevin R. Tipple said...

    I like the look as well and would be interested in tinkering---if I didn't lose everything in the process. Everytime I do something with mine it seems to screw things up.