Book Trailer for Pilikia

Friday, February 12, 2010

Word verification

I really like it when people comment on my posts. However, lately, I have been receiving a lot of spam postings from what I suspect are robots. So I have changed the settings on this blog so that word verification will be required. I really hate to do that because I don't like those things. It always takes me two or three tries to get the word right. However, I don't see any other options. This is not directed at you kind people who have posted insightful comments. I hope it won't discourage you from posting. If you are a robot, however, this is directed at you. So readers, please be bear with me on the word notification. It seems to be the only way to stop these pesky bots.

4 comments :

  1. mybillcrider said...

    Even that won't stop them completely. They're very persistent.

  2. Kevin R. Tipple said...

    I went to moderating the comments on my blog to solve the spamming problem. I noticed you were getting spammed and was just about to write you about it. Ava wouldn't have waited so long. :)))

  3. Lillie Ammann said...

    Mark,

    I hate the word verification but hate spam more. I moderate comments, and it takes a lot of time.

  4. Helen Ginger said...

    I'm with you, I don't like the spam moderation with the squiggly letters, but I totally understand why you've added them. Spam is such an annoyance, and I can't see the value these bots gain by spamming.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel