Book Trailer for Pilikia

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Podcast report for June 17, 2009

Way back when I began this blog, I said I would do a podcast report. Somehow, I got away from that. I think it's time to return to those reports. I intend to do a podcast report every Wednesday. Most of what I'll report on are the podcasts dealing with writing and Hawaiiana.

To start things off I'll mention one of my guilty pleasures, surfing podcasts. There is nothing like a good surf podcast as a pick-me-up on a tough day. One of my favorites is Surf Shooter Hawaii run by Terry Reis. His podcasts are short pieces backed by high-octane music, featuring ordinary people surfing the great waves and beaches of Hawaii. Terry also has a website and blog where you can see high quality stills and video. The videos are free to download, the photos are for sale.

Download the podcasts from iTunes or go to the Surf Shooter website (http://www.surfshooterhawaii.com/)

If you go to the website, don't miss the HD videos. The latest was shot at Ala Moana bowls and starts off with some fantastic shots of Waikiki and Diamond Head before getting into the high surf on the southern shore of Oahu. Man, I wish I was there.

To see some of the videos, just click on one of the Hawaii HD feeds above.

0 comments :